In a few minutes, you’ll be up and running, ready to travel and save on roaming charges.
REQUIRED! BEFORE YOU START
- Ensure your mobile phone is charged & in area of good cellular coverage.
- Your phone must be unlocked from your wireless carrier. This is a different ‘unlocking’ than a screen lock. Having an unlocked phone allows your phone to accept other wireless carriers’ SIM cards. Learn more about unlocking your phone in our FAQ section.
- Ensure call-forwarding service is active on your account. If you are not sure, please check with your wireless carrier.
- Have access to GLOBAL1.com on a device other than on your phone. You’ll need to activate your GLOBAL1 Overlay SIM card after you’ve installed it and put an initial top-up of $10USD on your account. This is best done on a computer or tablet.
Ready to start – follow the instructions below.
- Turn your mobile phone off. Remove existing SIM card. Set aside.
- Remove SIM plastic card holder from package. Remove cover film.
- Remove adhesive tab from the GLOBAL1 Overlay SIM.
- Pick up your existing SIM you previously set aside. Line up the notch on your SIM card with the notch on the GLOBAL1 Overlay SIM. Press the SIM cards together.
- Slide combined SIM cards off plastic card. Re-insert into phone. Put the cover back on your phone and turn it on.
- GLOBAL1 will connect to our network for its first initialization. After that process runs (it’ll just take a couple of minutes), you’ll receive a welcome SMS.
- The welcome SMS assures you that your GLOBAL1 Overlay SIM card is working and connected to our network. You’re almost done.
- On the GLOBAL1.com website, click “activate card” (button at top right of each page on the website) to complete activation and make an initial top-up payment. Create an account and assign a credit card to it. A credit card is needed as the GLOBAL1 service is pay-as-you-go. Once this is complete – your GLOBAL1 service is activated. You are ready to travel.